Austin Uncontested Divorce Lawyers
Divorce Made Easy in the State of Texas
Are you seeking a seamless and stress-free path to divorce? Jefferies & Herlihy, LLC is your trusted ally in resolving your marital dissolution swiftly. Our team of legal experts specializes in uncontested divorces, making us your top choice for an Austin uncontested divorce lawyer. With a commitment to efficiency, affordability, and sensitivity, we're here to guide you through the process and help you move forward with your life.
Call Jefferies & Herlihy, LLC today at (512) 379-6274 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our uncontested divorce attorneys in Austin!
What is an Uncontested Divorce?
An uncontested divorce is one in which both parties agree on all of the terms and conditions of the divorce. An uncontested divorce does not involve the need for trial since there is no disagreement between the parties. An uncontested divorce can be completed quickly and at a lower cost than a contested divorce.
In an uncontested divorce, the parties must be able to agree on all of the issues involved in the divorce, such as:
Uncontested Divorce Requirements in Texas
To pursue an uncontested divorce in Texas, there are specific requirements that must be met:
- Residency: You or your spouse must have been a resident of Texas for at least six months before filing for divorce. Additionally, you must have lived in the county where you plan to file for at least 90 days.
- Agreement: As "uncontested" implies, both parties must completely agree on all relevant issues. This includes child custody, property division, and spousal support. If there are disputes, the divorce may become contested, and the process can become more complicated.
- No Pending Litigation: There should be no ongoing litigation between you and your spouse regarding the divorce or related issues.
- No Pregnancy: If your spouse is pregnant, you cannot pursue an uncontested divorce until the child is born.
- Voluntary Waiver of Service: Your spouse must sign a service waiver acknowledging that they received the divorce petition. This helps streamline the process and eliminates the need for formal service of process.
Meeting these conditions is crucial to ensure a successful, uncontested divorce. Our legal team at Jefferies & Herlihy, LLC will assist you in meeting these criteria and guide you through every step of the process, ensuring your uncontested divorce proceeds smoothly.
How Long Does an Uncontested Divorce Take?
One of the most attractive features of uncontested divorces is their efficiency. The timeline for an uncontested divorce can vary, but generally, they tend to be resolved more quickly than contested divorces.
In Texas, there is a mandatory 60-day waiting period from the date the divorce petition is filed. This waiting period allows couples to carefully consider their decision to divorce and the terms of the agreement. However, it's important to note that this is the minimum waiting period, and the actual timeframe may be longer due to court scheduling and processing times.
Contact Our Austin Uncontested Divorce Attorney Today
At Jefferies & Herlihy, LLC, navigating a divorce can be challenging, but it doesn't have to be a prolonged and emotionally taxing process. Our commitment to excellence in uncontested divorce cases has made us a top choice for those seeking an Austin uncontested divorce lawyer. We simplify the process, provide expert legal guidance, and resolve your divorce as efficiently as possible.
Contact Jefferies & Herlihy, LLC today to meet with our uncontested divorce lawyers in Austin!
We have been exactly where you are and because of that, I can offer empathy and help in a way that is unique and solution-oriented.
When it comes to high stakes litigation, having counsel with an accounting background, skilled and experienced in litigation, and who understands how businesses operate and should be valued, is a significant asset.
We value treating every client like family. Personal trust and relatability are the hallmarks of any good attorney-client relationship.